Monday, February 18, 2008

the nation of procrasti

signs i have a writing deadline: my bathroom gleams with such cleanliness it can't be viewed with natural eyes, i decide to organize my finances for the first time in a year, and a gnawing anxiety in my intestines that causes rapid blinking and a mild case of turrets. so why, i ask myself, am i writing words here on my blog rather than adding some words to the empty word document that my boss expects tomorrow chock full of words? good question. the answer: the bathroom is already clean. ok. it's more than that...i just can't face that insufferably helpful animated paperclip that shames me with his observations that it looks i'm writing a letter, do i need his help? does it look like i need help? i'm doing just fine here on my own, living it up on the shores of procrasti-nation, the opposite pole of the seldom visited dedication nation.

please forward job openings my way? i might need 'em.

7 comments:

Kris said...

I've visited Procrasti-nation many times myself...I wish my bathrooms were gleaming like yours - that's next on my list of things to do today, or maybe tomorrow. ( : I'm sure the words will start flowing from your fingertips any moment now. Good luck to you.

julie g said...

you got it, dawg. no worries. you are in good company with a fellow procrastinator. i've become quite proficient at it, especially when it comes to blogging AND cleaning the bathroom. however, i'm sure your words will come thick with wittiness as they always do.

fox said...

being a journalist is extremely akin to my college years. what if you pretend that your blank word document is a bathroom sink or countertop. paperclips should know their place in society.

fox said...

p.s. we are blog siblings.

Shauri said...

is that anything like the island nation of lesbos?

BSG said...

speaking of .. you procrastinating writing the next post? dang, woman. your fans are a-waitin'.

f*bomb. said...

You are ALWAYS welcome to come over and clean mine.
For the record.